Have problems with ex, want to get over it. Is there a way to get my feelings off of this ?

Hey, I have problems with my ex. We had a relationship for about 2 years. She is a good and nice girl with nice grades and such. Now she all suddenly is on to many guys, she has hurt two of my friends really hard, thinking they would get into a relationship with her. She have started to go on parties and drink, and kiss, and let others touch her. It s been about 2 month since the break up. I am an insanely sensitive boy, and I am 16. It s hard to go at school because I see her every day, we are still friends though. It s her life, but she have changed. The way she is on to and kiss random boys at parties or talks to people in a special way, devastates me. It s so hard for me, and I don t want to live with it, and it has been like this for two months. What can I do? I don t love her anymore, I just get really hurt when she is on to others. But I think about her a lot, and I miss the time together with her. I am confused and hurt. Is there a way to get my feelings off of this? Should I ask my parents to get a psychologist? I just want it over with, I am completely devastated. Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your situation. It would be in your best interest if you could get out of the relationship and officially break it off with her. Please let her know that you will be there if she needs help as her friend only, if you feel like she is on the wrong path. You deserve much better.

I hope this advise helped. Take care and have a lovely day !

Psychiatrist Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar's  Response
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

It is common to have such feelings of confusion, desparation, etc. after a broken relationship, especially, if it has been your first one. Now, you have clearly mentioned that this girl has hurt you a lot and has has exhibited behaviour which clearly shows that she doesn't really love you. You have also made a decision that she is not the person for you. In such a case, I feel that it would be best to try and move on with life, rather than still continue to think about her behaviour and end up feeling more hurt.

If you feel that you need professional help to come out of this phase, please don't hesitate to talk to a psychologist or psychiatrist. Keep yourself active and engaged, set positive goals for yourself and start working towards them. I'm sure that you'll overcome this bad phase soon.

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist