Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your query in detail.
is actually zolpidem
andforyour age of 60 years , usual prescription are in the dose range of 5 mg. I understand that you are having problme with the sleep and before we jump onto the medications, you should follow a proper sleep hygeine.
1) Stop all caffeine until the problem gets solved.
2) Start regular morning exercise.
3) Take a warm water bath before going to sleep.
4) Keep the sleeping and waking hours regular.
5) You the sleep area exclusively for sleeping and not for any other prupose.
6) Keep the lighting dim and cozy.
7) Don't try very hard to sleep. IN case if you are not getting sleep, you should sit up and do some reading and go to bed only if you are sleepy again.
If you are follwoing all these measures, you should get a good sleep.
If still not then medications may help you. The zolfresh you are taking is an immediate release drug. There are other sustained release drugs available like stilnoct 6.25 mg and 12.5mg. they give a more sustained sleep effect. if still the probelm persists that you need to use clonazepam
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
Wish you good health,
Dr. Pooja Reddy M.D.