Have problem with nose, becomes red and have cold. No medication till now. What to do?

Hi there,

About 6 weeks ago, I awoke, looked in the mirror and noticed that my nose was quite red, from half way down to the tip. Since then, it has become a bit better but that same portion is very sensitive to the cold and turns red very easily. Also, at the top portion of the redness, I now notice two small oval white-shaped patches. They would be a bit lower than where eyeglass supports would be. In the cold, they stay white and stand out quite a bit. Today, I tested myself for feeling in that area. I gently pricked myself with a and there to get a baseline for feeling. The portion that is sensitive to cold has moderate feeling, but the two white spots have almost none. Along with the redness, I have noticed small red veins that seem to be getting smaller as time passes. I have a feeling that I froze my nose as I believe I was shovelling snow on very cold day(Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada) and that's when this al started. Could it be short-term damage?

Thanks for any info.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
thanks for contacting HCM
your problem is not so big, if it is first time and your symptoms subsides completely to then there is no need to worried.

your feeling may be 100% correct that I froze my nose.