Have problem with long hair. Have a habit of pulling hair. What to do?

Hi, my name is Kieran and I am 16 years of age... I have a long hair and was pulling on it, and actually as I pulled on it, it felt like it was wrapped round something because when I pulled harder it hurt and had to let go... So I waited 1/2mins then started again, but this time when I pulled only half a ruler length snapped off yet I'm sure it must be a full 30cm ruler lengthed hair, I am very worried... Will this come out as I casually do poo's and farts? As its worrying me?
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013