Have problem in periods. Have been on birth control. What to do?

I am 29 years old. I have been on the same birth control for a year and half. My period ended eight days ago. Now my period has come back it is almost worse than before. I have changed my diet to mainly fruits and vegetables due to some acid reflux issues for some reason fruits and veggies are the only thing that I can tolerate. I stopped drinking coffee and caffeine months ago and I am on week 6 of no booze. I am I having my period agian because of diet change or because something else. How many days do I wait to see a doctor after my cycle has started again?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013