Have problem in hip, back pain. No medication till now. What to do?

I am getting discomfort in my right hip area - has been a reoccurring problem for about a year - probably comes and goes every few months and lasts about a week - I work in a job where heavy lifting is involved. The pain is more of a dull ache and seems to be in the muscle tissue - I get some relief when I push my thumb into the top of my buttocks but its only temporary. Its fine when I sit but when I walk or lay it begins to cause discomfort. Apart from the aching in the hip area there is also some lower back pain (right buttock) and a dull ache into my groin, almost like its numb and just recently the inner thigh muscle has started to twitch. When I walk I will sometimes limp - seems like the longer i walk for the better it feels but the main issue is laying down - I was up most of last night as I couldnt sleep due to discomfort - mainly a pain in my lower back above right buttock. The best position I found was to sleep on my right with my pelvis chest and head in line and legs bent at knee. If I attempt to sleep on my back my lower back aches and if I sleep on my left it seems like the weight of my leg pulls the hip muscles and causes discomfort from right hip area spreading to my lower back. Also hurts if I lay on my front. Seems like the best temporary relief is kneeding fingers into my lower back area just where the buttocks meet.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013