Have post partum depression, fever, restlessness, guilt, fear, shock state. What is going on?

I have been struggling with my post-partum depression and as a result, ended up spanking my 6 month old baby with my hand on his back 5-6 times day before yesterday. I slapped him really tight, guess I completely lost sense of what I was doing. My baby had a 100.5 fever by evening, gave him some tylenol but fever was on and off. Since then, he is a bot restless and I am so full of guilt and fear. Please help. ( since he is 6 months, can the fever be due to teething too or is he in some kind of shock that has gotten him fever. He is playing well, but certainly not so cheerful. What should I do???
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013