Have polio, breast cancer, on lot of pain medications. How to get releif from the pain ?

I WAS TAKING A SUPPOSED HERBAL PAIN KILLER I BOUGHT OFF THE INTERNET...CALLED WOW . FIRST, I HAD POLIO AND AM CONFINED TO A WHEELCHAIR, ALSO HAD BREAST CANCER AND HAVE BEEN ON ALOT OF PAIN MEDICATION FOR YEARS AND WANTED TO TRY TO TAKE SOMETHING NATURAL. WAS ON THE WOW ABOUT A MONTH AND THE FDA SENT A LETTER SAYING IT HAD A STEROID IN IT AND THAT PEOPLE ON IT SHOULD STOP. I STOPPED COLD TURKEY AND BOTH MY BICEPS ARE RUPTURED, I M VERY, VERY TIRED, ARMS ACHE TERRIBLE. PRIMARY PUT ME ON A STEROID TAPER. SYMPTOMS GOT NO BETTER. I WENT TO ENDOCRINOLOGIST . SHE PUT ME ON PREDNISONE (ON THAT NOW) 5MG FOR A MONTH. DIDN T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT TAPERING. STILL HURTING SO BAD AND SO TIRED SO WENT TO RHEUMATOLOGIST ...HE TOLD ME TO TAKE THE PREDNISONE FOR TWO WEEKS THEN TAKE HALF OF THE 5MG FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEKS AND SAID I NEED TO GO TO PHYSICAL THERAPY.??? I DON T UNDERSTAND HOW PT IS GOING TO HELP THE PAIN AND REPAIR THE RUPTURES? PLEASE ADVISE ME AS I AM GETTING TO THE END OF MY ROPE.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013