Have poison Ivy, bumps and itchiness. On zyrtec. Exposed to sun. What does this mean?

Hello, in the past I have been hospitalized twice as a child for very bad poison ivy outbreaks. It seems I have it again, though this time I'm lucky enough to only have two or three individual bumps around the wrist and knuckles of my right hand. I'm already rubbing on a poison ivy medicated treatment and rinsing with cool water; carefully patting dry every so often. Firstly, is this enough precaution? Or should I be taking an allergy pill as well? I have gained a few more bumps throughout the day even after this routine. If so, would a generic Zyrtec work? Also, I've been invited to go to the beach tomorrow. Its warm out, but I'm not sure how much I will actually be dipping in the salt water. Is excessive sun exposure a bad idea while I have the outbreak?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013