Have plantar fasciitis. Have lump on hamstring, not sore or painful. Any action to be taken?

Good morning. I am a practicing Osteopath in the UK and have seen a 10 year old boy presenting with bilateral foot pain which I have diagnosed as Plantar fasciitis - pain is only ever mild and is only ever felt for a short time after sport. However on his last visit his Mother highlighted a lump on his hamstring . On examination this was also bilateral and only evident when the hamstring was engaged in the first 20 degrees of knee flexion . The lump was the size of a golf ball and was over the distal aspect of the medial hamstring. On palpation no obvious lump could be felt and the muscle felt normal . Also the area is not painful or sore at any time. I don t feel it s serious and considered it to be an abnormal development of the muscle. However, I m checking to see if there is anything else I should be considering or any other action I should be taking. Thank you for your help
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jun 2012