Have patch of red and itchy skin below eye. How to get rid of it?

Hi. I have a small patch of red skin just an inch below my right eye. It is flat (not bumpy) but will get very red sometimes and then return to a normal color. It slightly itches but not too much really. I cant quite pinpoint what triggers it to get very red. I put a dab of a low steroid type cream which helps the redness but I havent gotten rid of it. I am frustrated as it has been there about a year now. Any advise you can give would be very helpful.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012