Have paroxysmal AF and ablations. Taking Sotalol. Worried about treatment effects of melatonin

Hi, I am a relatively healthy 51 y.o male who has suffered with paroxysmal AF for 8 years, 2 ablations later & facing a 3rd. Interestingly my episodes are nearly always nocturnal & make me burp when they occur. Cold showers sometimes help. When I wake, have a shower & get ready for work the episode abates. I take 180mg sotalol b.d. I am wondering about the treatment effects of melatonin . Is there a brain chemical that is secreted at night & is triggering these episodes as it seems bizarre that I rarely get an attack during daylight. Thanks Glenn
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013