Have pancreatitis, fever, alcohol withdrawal. Taking antibiotics. Done abdominal CT. Cause of high fever?

My husband is in hospital. has been diagnosed with pancreatitis. He has had a persistent fever for 12 days now. The doc believed he was going through alcohol withdrawal, and he had to be put on ventilator because he was breathing 60 times per minute and had too much carbon dioxide in his lungs. The alcohol withdrawal started 4 days ago. He now has pneumonia, which he did not have til after he was put on ventilator. They are pushing antibiotics, potassium, thiamine, meropenem, fentanyl, propofol, and maintenance fluids. They are also giving him adavant and dillatin (not sure if i spelled those two right). He has not had food in 4 days now, and is hypoglycemic. They have checked his blood multiple times and have done abdominal CTs and chest CTs looking for another source of infection because he should not still be spiking high fevers. His fevers run from 101 to 104. He was out in the sun for two days straight before he became ill, and was taking an anti-seizure med called Tegratol, which has a sticker on the bottle that says avoid overexposure to sunlight. He was also apparently drinking alcohol every night, even after the fevers started. The doctors are grasping at straws as to why he is not getting better. Pancreatitis is under control now, and pneumonia is not bad enough to be making such high persistent fevers. Can you think of anything that it could be that they have not checked for? He has been in the hospital for 7 days now, and I am growing increasingly more worried. He was breathing on his own on the ventilator in CPac mode, but this morning he started breathing too fast, so they put him back on it.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Jun 2013