Have palpitations and skipping heartbeats. Scared to take propranolol

I have been given propranolol , but too scared to take it. . I have palpitations and my heart skips beats but is not particularly fast. I am awaiting a portable ecg ( been two weeks ). I m worried as my doctor said if palpitations last more than an hour to get to the hospital. I have them almost all the time and my heart skips at least twice a minute. I m also very worried about the side effects of the medicine as I have hay fever and very dry eyes . It says not to take with hay fever or heart block ( how do I know I don t have this if still waiting for ecg?) also what wilk happen if I don t go to hospItaly, I can t drive there? I have been given 10 mg three times a day, can I take just one and see? How lomg will it take for any side effects to wear off? Thanks.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013