Have painful swollen foot with a lump. Why cannot I sleep?

I have a painful swollen foot with a lump on the outside of my left foot on the top of my foot it feels so tight and painful I can bearly walk on it I put ice but it has done nothing and after trying to walk on it the pain has gotten worse and now I can hardly sleep its been like this for over a day now how can I stop the pain and lower the swelling?
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012

I have studied your case.

As per your history it looks swelling of soft tissue which can be lipoma or sebaceous cyst.
I will advise to consult surgeon for clinical examination and if required proper investigation.
I will advise you to do MRI and Ultrasound of the swelling.
Benign swelling giving rise to pain can be excised.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.