Have painful, itchy lump on cheek. Had fell down from steps. Treatment?

I fell down my steps one week and a half ago. I literally slid down on my backside about 5 hardwood steps. I have a huge dark bruise that is slowly going away, but the problem is an enormous painful lump at the top of my left cheek that simply will not go away. A little of the initial swelling has gone down, but this bump (feels like a baseball buried under my skin) hurts a lot under pressure and doesn t seem to be diminishing. Also, the skin on top itches a lot. What is it and how do I get rid of it?? ... please don t tell me I have to go to the doctor. I just moved back to the country and have no health insurance yet and can t afford to pay out of pocket. I really need to find some way to cure this at home.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013