Have pain under ribs, hurts while walking and taking deep breathe. Tested negative for ulcer. Concerned

I have a pain under my ribs more to the right side, and it hurts when I walk and randomly will hurt when I am sitting. If I take a deep breathe while standing it hurts too and the middle of my back hurts as well. I know today I haven t had much but coffee and a pickle and I have experienced this before, thought it was a ulcer but had it checked and it came back negative. I took some ibprofen to help subside pain but has not kicked in yet.
Asked On : Sun, 22 Apr 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Pain under right rib cage is most probably due to liver problem like hepatomegaly or enlarge iiver. I would suggest you to wait for one or two days till your pain get subside, if it increases then take ultrasound of abdomen and show it to physcian.