Have pain under rib cage, have high cholesterol, sonogram showed enlarged spleen. Cause for pain?

Hi. I am asking for my mother. She is 48, has Hepatits A, non drinker, non smoker, works at a school and at a summer camp. She was recently diagnosed with high cholesterol . For the past year she has had a pain under the lower right rib cage. Gallbladder is ok, blood test normal, sonogram indicated a moderately inlarged spleen . This is her second opinion and no one can tell her what that pain is. Please help.
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012