Have pain, red bruise with knot, after hip injury. No relief with pain killers. What to do?

i was coming up onto my porch yesterday and hit my hip on the corner of the wooden handrail. Today I have a red area that is starting to bruise and it now has a knot in it. What can I do to help with the pain. I already take a NSAID for my back and it isn't touched the pain in my hip. It even hurts to sit down, stand back up after sitting, or laying down. Rest is not much of an option due to the fact that I have a two year old.
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013