Have pain in vagina and abdomen during intercourse. Pregnancy test negative. Recommendations?

Hi I m a 19 year old girl who has been having problems with intercourse, I have been having pain in the vaginal and lower abdominal area. I have taken a pregnancy test which was negative, and I do not have any std s, and have been with the same partner (who has been faithful) for the past 4 years. I recently started getting this pain in mid intercourse, I was in an upright position and all of a sudden i felt a sharp pain, we stopped and waited a few days before trying again and it was fine, we did it in another position as well and there were also no problems, when i tried to do the painful position again the pain started up. I m not sure if i should be worried or not, should i take a break for an even longer period of time (2+ days) if so how much?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013