Have pain in upper stomach and rib cage. What can I do for relief?

I have pain in my upper stomach between my belly button and rib cage. The pain is intense and is worseing over time. Problem began about 2mos ago and it comes and goes. Today however I have had the worst pain ever and nothing appears to be helpful. It started shortly after I ate breakfst. I have taken ibuprofin and 2 doses of pepcid AC . Bowel movements are fine. I had an ultrasound of abdomin on 8/23 and I guess everything was fine because they never called me. Is there anythig I can do to get some relief now?
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012