Have pain in tongue, jaws. Had chemo and radiation after tonsils getting removed. Taking medication. What to do?

My brother in law is 57 he completed and agressive batch of chemo and radiation after having his tonsils removed due to a tumor they thought they has been nearly 3 months since his for several weeks he has been in excruciating pain in his mouth tongue and throat jaws too...he has taken so much of HydrocodHow/Acetaminophen that he sleeps nearly all the time and when he is awake he is like in a coma....he is weak he has been on a feeding tube for months...when he sleeps he jumps jitters and reaches for things that are not there makes sounds breathes sparaticuly...he seems to have all of the awful side affects from being on this pain medicine too long....he rinses swishes and spits this saline rinse but no improvements...we are trying to get,him off the pain meds and working on a rinse of peroxide salt and baking soda coupled with another rinse of may lax and benydryl to fight and cure the thrush...any input or help....this has nearly kicked his butt...the thrush lingering is so husband and I are down trying to help husband has been his caregiver for nearly 6 brother in law can't work and this is so tough...we are working at keeping him alert walking around showering etc...he takes in ensure 7 times a day...can you help anything we are missing? Thanks the sister in law:/
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013