Have pain in thumb. Had a accident. Advised for one type of bandied. Can it be ligament tear?

hi i have pain in middle of the thumb and could not bend it....consulted a doctor and he suspect that it may be because of ligament tear.....and advised one type of bandied(dont remember the name exactly)....after 2 weeks he checked it and told to consult a surgeon as i am able to bend the thumb in some directions....advised to go with a EMR scan....I have an accident and from then i am suffering from pain
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013