Have pain in throat and sides of tongue after talking for long. Cure?

I had slght discomfort 10 years back .I consulted the ENT and he said that the cause for the discomfort was talking in loud tone and that I need voice rest. Now 10 years have passed and even now if i talk for long time I get paid in throat and in the sides of tongue . I gargle my mouth with salt water and it subsides after a day. This causes a disturbance in my mind whether it can lead to cancer . Can you please help
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for your question...
you dont have to worry.. its not the features of cancer... I think it's a vocal abuse. You just have to take take voice rest for at least 30 min after talk of 1hr and take steam inhalation at night for at least 30 min and for pain just take any analgesic drug like Sicko or brufen whenever you feel pain. Many thanks.