Have pain in sternum while bending and exhaling. Hard to eat. Reason?

Hello, I am a 25 year old female, 55 kgs and 1.68 cm, without any serious medical history. I ve been having problems with my hand tendons but other than that I ve always had an active lifestyle. My concern is chest pain: I ve had pain in my sternum for a week now and it hurts a lot especially when I exhale or when I bend to reach something or move my arms. At times the pain extends to my back as well as my neck . I ve also noticed I find it hard to eat, like it doesn t go down as easily as before. My appetite has decreased as well. I drink about 1.5 to 2 cups of coffee daily, although I stopped to see if that could cause an extra irritation. I also went to the emergency clinic, as I had pain moving to my left side of the chest. No infections were found, nor abnormal blood pressure or sugar, and and everything seemed okay. But the pain remains and it s making it all very difficult. Two days before the chest pain occurred I was having nausea and was feeling really low. Right now I have occasional headaches and find myselg gasping to breathe. Do you think this could be more of an issue of esophagitis than costochondritis? Or is it possible to be something entirely different? Thank you very much in advance!
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013