Have pain in right temples. Applying pressure elevates pain. Cause and cure?

hello im 48 male healthy, experience throbbing pains in my right temple most days, often a dull ache, but peaks most days to make me stop what im doing..! The pain has come and gone for years, but now seems more regular and heightened. My GP has advised plenty fluids, more sleep, but still the throbbing pulse remains. When pressing on the scull above the temple [the hair reseeding points..] there is movement under the skin and an audible clicking of bone or cartilage is apparent. Applying soft pressure to this area, does alleviate the pain.... Can you advise on what this could be please..???
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013