Have pain in right side and causes depression. Eases of on taking PPI. Suggestions?

Every so often I have had some pain usually in right side. 2004 I went in and told to ease off too much coffee and advil . No problems until spring 2012, like heartburn but lower, seems to move around. Prescribed PPI - worked instantly, no problems eventually stopped taking in May or so. Feeling returned late Nov. not as bad, resumed PPI, the pain is not intense, but like a dull ache. When I notice it tends to depress me, sometimes I wonder if it is in my mind. Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013