Have pain in right lower intestine. No fever. Any need to worry?

My right lower intestine hurts when I cough. I have diverticulitus but have never had my colonoscopy because it freaked me out and I didn t think I needed it, but now I have to push in on my intestines when I am going to the bathroom because the week spot feels like it will give way..should I wait until I have a fever to go to the er? I can t go now because my son has autism and he has dental surgery coming up and I have other things to take care of,but it hurts very badly, and I can feel it in my back at times and pushes on my bladder . The pain sharply radiates thru the entire intestine for seconds at a time and then goes back to the problem area on my right side.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013