Have pain in ribs,sternum and neck. Have CML. Taking Gleevec. Treatment?

I am a 73 Yr. old female with CML. I had a bout with bronchiatis a few weeks ago. I devoloped pain at the base fo my ribs and now it s spread to my sternum and neck . I was dianosed with CML in 2004 and was put on Gleevec 400 mgs and was undetectable for 7 and a half years. I ve become Gleevec resistant and was raised to 600mgs last Nov. When I was first put on Gleevec in 2004 I developed pain in my sternum and also my neck seized up. I m wondering if any of these symptoms can be related to a cancer drug. I was pain free until dose was raised and now it s raging. I went to the emergency room yesterday on the advice of my Hemotologist. He has not encountered anyone else with the Tie Tze symptoms before. The ER Doc thought that this is exactly what it was.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013