Have pain in lower right back. Ultrasound shows ovarian cyst and gallstones. Advised surgery. Recommendations?

I had my uterus removed almost 2 years ago, my ovaries remain. After severe low right abnormal and low right back pain, I have been diagnosed with ovarian cysts. I had an ultrasound and MRI to confirm. During the MRI, they also detected gallstones. I am 48 years old, physically fit, I'm 5' 1" and weigh about 105 pounds. After the tests, I had a physical exam with a Gyne and was told the pain was caused from my right ovary attaching itself to my body as well as my colon and I would need surgery. Is there any other possibilities and how probable is this? My regular Doc retired and it's very difficult to find a Doc that will really take the time to hear me, as they are all trying to keep their 15 minute appointment to less than 15 minutes. I really would like to know where to go to find out why I am having such pain in my lower right back.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013