Have pain in left hip. Have more pain when sitting or lying down. No medication still now. What is it?

I have started having pain in my left hip area. The middle of left buttock feels like a deep bruise. The left outer side of my hip burns. Walking doesn't really hurt but bringing my leg up to put on shoe or sock really hurts. I also get burning/numbness down front of leg especially when lying down. I feel more pain when sitting or lying down and not much when walking. Every once I a while I will get pain with walking.
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013