Have pain in abdomen. Had diarrhea. No medication till now. What could be the reason?

About a month ago, I had a small case of diarrhea. Ever since then I have had problems with pooping. I would have the urge multiple times throughout the day, but all that would come out is a mucus/water substance. I will actually poop every couple of days. This past week, It gets painful in the abdominal area to poop. I still poop out the mucus, but now I also have a sharp pain in my stomach that only goes away when I lay down. I haven't really changed my diet, and now I've geared more towards a liquid diet since thats the easiest thing to go down. What do you think?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013