Have pain in abdomen. Had a endoscopy procedure. All test done again. What could be cause and the remedy?

my brother, age 50 years went to the hospital for endoscopy procedure, he did not see his physician before they put him out, he ask to see him, after he woke up from the procedure he felt discomfort in the lower abdomen ask ask his nurse why he is feeling that way, she said oh it happens sometimes after a procedure. he was discharge, still have not seen his doctor who suppose to have done the procedure. Later on in the evening he was rush back to the emergency room because of terrible pain in his lower abdomen. at the same time He could not void, A resident could not answer his question but inserted a catheter, he got some relief but later on at home the pain increase from 1 to 10 he went back to the emergency room, now his PPC went on vacation with out seeing his patient and tell him about the outcome of the procedure. Another resident doctor had Ex-ray done and told him that he has kidney infection. He is on antibiotics. He is still has some discomfort.
All his test was ok before he had his procedure, I am wondering if the doctor who did the procedure might have use an unsterilized instrument or did his kidney or intestine got perforated?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013