Have pain during sexual intercourse.Had surgical abortion. Was on birth control. Cause?

Hello. I had a surgical abortion at 11 weeks and 4 days by method of dilation and curretage about three months ago and was prescribed birth control for one month to correct a hormone imbalance . Aside from bleeding, feeling quite sore and some mild pain in my pelvic area for about two weeks after the procedure I didn t have any problems. Now, I am experiencing some pain during sexual intercourse, when the penis hits the cervix , to be more precise. After intercourse, I experience discomfort and some mild pain in my lower stomach; the feeling is similar to what I was experiencing right after I had the abortion, only it isn t as intense. This usually lasts for 2-3 days after intercourse. What are the possible causes of this? Is this kind of thing normal months after an abortion? Could it just be increased sensitivity in the cervix?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013