Have pain below rib cage and middle of stomach. Blood pressure is normal. Advice?

I m 55 and not over weight. Was in pretty good shape from skating full out daily Oct thru January. For last 3 days, I have experienced something new to me. It s a very dull pain just below my rib cage in the middle of my stomach . It s a bit like heartburn but at time shoots down to lower intestines and Tums, that usually work quickly, don t do much for it. At doctors routinely a week ago listened to heart, sounded good. Blood pressure up to 143/93 when usually perfect 120/80 but he did not seem overly concerned. I ve checked blood pressure at drug store daily since and around 135/100 each time. Have been taking 500 mg of aspirin daily since saw doctor.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013