Have pace maker, considering that the older pacers may not be harmed, suggested for another CAT scan. Suggestion?

I am a retired physician and have had three cat scans and a bone scan about 3 yrs. ago . I have a pace maker and now my spinal surgeon wants another cat. I understand from a news source in reporting on the new MRI compatible pacermakers that some radiologist are now consisering that the older pacers may not be harmed by the MRI. do you have any info ? If not how am I fixed to get another cat? J C Bradford
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013