Have osteonecrosis of the tibial plateau. Could it be from Fosomax?

I have osteonecrosis of the tibial plateau...could it be from Fosomax? I was diagnosed 1 yr. last MRI now shows depression fracture of the area and they want to do a Total knee as well as edge replacement of the tibia....I also began losing bone in my jaw and chipping and fractures of my teeth at the same time....I am due to have a full mouth extraction this week so that they can proceed with my knee surgery...I am 60 yrs.old and had been on fosomax for 6 yrs. since I had a lumbar fusion done in ' that time my dexa was okay....but then digressed to osteopenia and this year it showed osteoporosis.....I have been taking my vitamins and calcium and mag oxide. At first 3 docs mentioned the fosomax,,,,,now they all deny that was the cause and now want me to start on Prolia. I am afraid to start Prolia since it is so new and I still don't have any way of knowing whether it might cause further osteonecrosis.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013