Have orbital verix, pain, bulging eye. Should I have eye removed?

Hello I am 68 year old male and I have a orbital verix (left eye) I have be dealing with it for 15 years but now it is really ruining my life, I am told it needs to come out. I guess what I want to know at my age should I do it, because they are talking about opening the skull in order to get to it. I m not sure at my age do I want to go through this. There is a lot of pain and a large buldging in the eye. The also mentioned remoing the eye as a possible fix Thanks Jim
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
welcome to HCM portal,
This is a problem.people who are capable of handling this type of surgery,do it.There are many such avoidable and unavoidable risks which at times occur.It is good of your doctors that they are keeping you in the picture.
The time of surgery is to be weighed against the inconvenience caused.If it is causing so much of difficulty then one has to operate.