Have opening in incision. Not healing. Looks green in colour. Advised epsom salt bath. Opinion?

hi i have an opening in my incision that wont heal... i keep it covered but there is green on the cover each time i change the sterile pad.. my doc says its not infection???? i thought all green stuff was infection.. a friend who is an RN told me i should bathe in epsom salts 2 times a day and if there in fact is infection it should draw it out.. then continue to bandage .. and it will heal from the inside out but only if it is clear of infection
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
if its not healing with a greenish covering, its suspicious of an infection especially due to Pseudomonas spp. Its advisable to visit your primary care physician for a proper debridement, culture of substance removed for identification and drug sensitivity tests and prescription of appropriate antibiotics to prevent spread and late complications.
I suggest you visit your physician,
Thanks and hope nthishelps,