Have occlusion in carotid. Had stroke. All test done. Isn t there any cure for this?

I recently had a Stroke september 13 2012. The drs said it was a stroke not TIA. Since my stroke they have tested me with tee and they say its all normal. In nov 2012 they did an MRA of my neck brain and heart found, my right carotid has a frank occlusion and are telling me there is nothing anyone can do. I can lib=ve like this????
They say no one has attempted to repair a collapsed artery only blocked. They also say it had nothing to do with my stroke. I’m very confused. Robert Baba
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013