Have numbness on left side of body and collapses. Cause and cure?

hi my name is Tony Atkins im 20 years of age and i suffer from numbness down my left side. i have episodes of numbness it will start in my upper left side of my body and travel down to the whole of my left side. some times this numbness will cause me to collaps for roughly 60 seconds or more. i am fully aware that is happening but can not phyisically say or do anything whilst this is happening for the period of time my side is numb. my mother has sometimes seen me shack even fit whist the numb sensation is in my left side. however after the episode i feel completely fine. i am seeing the hospital but i am research what may be causing this so i have an idea of what it is and if i can change things in my life to calm it down. Many thanks Tony Atkins
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013