Have numbness. Had a feeling of needles and pin from head to foot. What can be it?

In January I began to feel "needles and pins" on the left side of my body, from the top of my head to the bottom of my foot. My family doctor hospitalized me, and ran all sorts of tests. They determined that there was nothing wrong with me, but I still have that numbness, no pain, on the left side. Unfortunately I was scheduled to have a hip replacement this spring, which has been postponed due to this undiagnoisable situation in which i find myself.
So I feel like Hop-a-long Cassidy with neither situation being addressed at this time. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013