Have numb sinuses above palate towards back throat, choke. Had unsuccessful sinus surgeries, nerve damage causing, have asthma

Good evening,

I have this sensation of fullness/numbness in my sinuses just above my pallet and towards the back of my throat all the time. Sometimes it wakes me up at night because I feel like I am going to choke.

I have had three sinus surgeries to repair this but all have been unsuccessful. My last ENT suggested nerve damage but I can't recall the name of the disease is or what may cause this.

Just a note: I was involve in the search and rescue efforts at Ground Zero on 911 and was there for three months. I was diagnosed with severe Asthma in March of 2012.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013