Have numb feet, pain butt to leg, done lateral spine view, advised MRI. Treatment, precautions?

Lateral spine view: there is a 6-7 mm subluxation of l4 and l5. Narrowing of the disc space. Also narrowing of the l3 l4 space and minimal retrolisthesis of l3 with respect to l4 approx 5 mm.
MRI recommended...would that show anything different than above?
Can this cause my feet to be numb and sciatic area pain from buttocks to legs?
What is usual treatment? What should I avoid doing? (until I talk to dr.)
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013