Have neck spasms, frozen and painful shoulder. Cause and cure?

hello im a 60 year old female and over the last few years have experianced neck spasms then a frozen shoulder ,pins and kneedles and avery painful shoulder i v had to wait a year !and had an mri scan , and ultresound ,to find that my vertebrers have large spaces , and now the other side has started to trouble me again ,my notes were miss placed and ,at last i am waiting to see a spinal surgen,and very worried of the outcome as the waiting has been a long time and now my pain is has been difficult to controll ,is it common for the opposite side to go the same way,as of yet i havent a name to research for my problem. ?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013