Have nausea while taking placebo pills of birth control. Normal to skip period?

Hello, I just started my first pack of a low dose birth control pills this month. I am now on the placebo pills, almost finished with them and no period. I feel horibly nauseous. I took a home prego test and it is negative. Is it normal to skip the period all together the first time? Can skipping your period cause you to feel sick? Can the pills cause a false pregnancy test? We used no protection during this first pack of pills either.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013