Have nausea and feel food is stuck in throat. Took lemon water and ginger tea. Cure?

I get really nauseous all the time if i eat or if i don't eat, What I've tried: Lactose and Gluten Free Products, Zantec for Reflux as it feels like there is food in my throat still when i lie down, however I do have post nasal drip and I am taking nasal spray before bed which doesn't help
I take iron/B6/B12/VitD&Calcium, Primrose for PMT,(Stopped taking all these for a few days to see if it helps nausea, which has helped a tiny bit) Lemon Water, Ginger Tea I do suffer from Anxiety on occasion as well. Symptoms of nausea and food/liquid in throat still persist after trying the above methods.

Mum & Grandma have both had Helacabacter bacteria and Ulcers and Thyroid issues before. Could these be a cause?

Thanks for your time.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013

Thank you for the query.

Stomach issues seems to be the most probable reason of your symptoms. It can be acid reflux disease (GERD), peptic ulcer, stomach inflammation or Helicobacter Pylori infection. Anxiety can also stimulate stomach acid secretion and trigger your symptoms.
Zantec should be taken regularly, in the morning, before a meal to be effective. Moreover, if the Helicobacter Pylori infection is present, without antibiotics treatment you wont get any relief.

I suggest you to visit your doctor and have gastroscopy done. This test is necessary to rule out peptic ulcers, cancer and Helicbacter Pylori infection.
In a meanwhile please avoid coffee (this is very important), fatty foods, spicy foods, fruit juices, alcohol. Do not eat before sleeping (last meal should be 2 hours before sleeping). Put your head a little bit higher when sleeping.

Hope this will help.