Have myelodysplastic syndrome. Taking Zocor. Has memory loss. Elevated SGPT due to simvastatin?

My husband, age 80, IDDM, CKD stage 3, htn, s/p cabg , myelodysplastic syndrome (on Procrit 60,000 u every 3 weeks) has lost weight over the past year (184 lbs. last Dec.) and 162 lb today. Yesterday his sgpt was 58 (other liver enzymes normal). He has been on 20 mg Zocor daily for years, lipids wnl. He has also experienced short term memory loss over the past 2 years. He has been ordered an abd ct. Can simvastatin be the cause of the elevated sgpt? Should he go off of it (at least for a while) to see if the sx are related? Thank you. email YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012