Have muscle soreness, tightening in legs, back, stomach and rectum pain, restlessness. Can magnesium help?

Hi I am Steve. Can magnesium really help my muscle soreness and tightness. i had a workout with my trainer and even though we're careful my muscles in back and legs recently tightened up badly.
I remembered that I stopped taking sublingual methyl b12 over a month ago (I was deficient according to blood test) and omega-3 as weil since I ran out and forgot to restock. Could that have set me up to be more vulnerable? I read somewhere that b-12 deficiency may play a role.
I have a history of cramping or stiffness, occasionally severe, in back, stomach, rectum, calves, and feet and I have restless legs since childhood. I read on amazon reviewers raving over magnesium oil that they apply on sore muscles and feeling renewed, energized with soreness gone, and so on. Do you have experience or knowledge on magnesium and muscle stiffness and soreness?

Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013