Have muscle cramps, calcium deficiency, abnormal ALT rate, depressed, liver damaged, hepatitis. On multivitamins. Help?

Dear Dr. Grief
My 28 year-old fiance has been complaining of muscle cramps all over his body and was told he should take multivitamins and minerals as it could be vitamin D and calcium deficiency so he has been taking them for the past 2 and a half weeks. He had a fasting blood test and results showed ALT reading of 201 and triglyceride level of 3.8 - all blood counts are normal. He is not a smoker and does not drink alcohol. He is severely depressed because he thinks he may have liver damage. Can you tell me what is causing the abnormality and if this is permanent and if there is anything that can rectify this? I'm scared he may have hepatitis or something else just as terrible. Please help :(
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013